“Th” vs. “S”
LessonHow to pronounce Th”
1. Put the tip of your tongue between your teeth.
2. Force air over your tongue and under your top teeth.
3. Do not vibrate your vocal cords.
Watch: Ɵ sound from the CPA alphabet
Listen to: toothache, health, thief, booth
How to Pronounce “S”
1. Put the tip of your tongue behind your bottom front teeth.
2. Raise the rest of your tongue almost to the roof of your mouth.
3. Let air hiss through the narrow opening.
Watch: path vs. pass Watch: sing vs. thing Watch: saw vs. thaw Watch: mouse vs. mouth